Friday, April 27, 2012

Where have I been and what I've been working on

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I've blogged! We're having A LOT of family struggles lately so I've really only had time to read other peoples blogs and not post myself. Here is what I've been working on lately:
Quilts! I'm trying to teach myself to machine quilt and it has been an interesting endeavor. This one you can see the barrettes at the bottom while the binding is getting sewn on. I have another larger quilt I machine quilted, but need to take a picture still. Here is a quilt top that is waiting for the last
border- I'm still deciding what color to use.
This was a mystery we did through our guild- a lot of fun and I really like how it is turning out. Almost all the fabric is batiks, which I LOVE!!!  So my art for the next while will be with fabric instead of paint. I really think I need a break from it because everything was starting to look the same- time to mix it up a bit. Who knows maybe I'll combine the 2 sometime!
We are enjoying some warm weather here and beautiful flowers. We've also had a lot of rain so everything is green. I hope you all are enjoying the change in seasons and have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You really do a little bit of everything! I like both the quilts you've shown here. It's something I've never tried. I don't think I have the patience for sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look fantastic, Shawn. I particularly like the first one you've made - the flowers are just so cheery. Must have taken you ages.
    Hope things get easier for you. J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I LOVE working with fabric and have sewn for years. That doesn't mean I'm an expert or anything though! And Jackie, the small quilt was super easy because the flower shapes are fused down and then stitched around by machine- no hand sewing on this one. I do love that little quilt- it's part of a pattern that has a quilt for every month and this one is May. I hope to eventually make them all to hang in my living room each month.

    ReplyDelete