Friday, August 26, 2011

notebook fun

This is a regular composition notebook I got for 25 cents at Walmart. I needed something for taking notes at church so I decided to make it me.
I gessoed the cover first and let it dry. Then I started scraping on paint- the weird thing was when I scraped on the paint the gesso started to scrape off! So I ended up finger painting on the blue to cover up the blank spots- I ended up liking how it looks :)
The letters are stickers and the brackets are just a random stencil I have.
This is another page from the art journal I'm working on.
This page uses another crafters workshop stencil, tim holtz sticker and a random stamp. The image is actually me in kindergarten or 1st grade. I just copied the photo on my printer. Of course I had to put a flower in my hair :)
Well, it off to yard sale- have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love your art journal!
    It turned out great! Hug,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... this is fantastic!
    You are very creative, great altered book cover :]

    ReplyDelete