Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Recent work

Hey all! Haven't done a whole lot of art this past week... But here a some of what I have done.
This is a page in progress. I tried out scraping paint through a stencil. It give a really cool texture, but uses a lot more paint. Still it makes the page "touchable". The yellow I scraped through punchnella reminded me of fish scales so I drew a fish around them!
I'm also starting to explore painting/collage on canvas. Here is a WIP
We'll see how this progresses. Right now this is titled "Under the Sea". This is an 11x14" flat canvas. I also bought these 16x20" regular canvas.
I want to do a boldly colored abstract for my bedroom. And this is one of the sewing projects I've made for my beautiful granddaughter>
Isn't she cute?! Hope you all have a great week!




2 comments:

  1. The fish looks great! When things like that happen it's good to just go with the idea.

    Your granddaughter looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fish page is wonderful - I LOVE it and think it looks finished as it is, but I am prepared to be proved wrong, Shawn!
    I look forward to seeing how your collage progresses.
    You are clearly so talented - your granddaughter's top is lovely!

    ReplyDelete