Friday, November 25, 2011

More ornaments and a journal page (finally)

I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving. Our snow is gone (sigh...). Here are some more of the ornaments I've made:
For the words I stamped on some selvege I saved from my multitude of fabric!
A funny jester! I got this pattern from a vintage craft magazine and it is my first attempt at needle sculpting- it was fun!
This one is an upcycled ornament- the heart is from a wool skirt, the backing is scraps of batting, the words are on a selvege and the stitching thread around the outside is leftover from a mystery envelope swap! I like to use leftover scraps etc in my ornaments. Now for my journal page:
Not my best, but I did work on it and that's what counts...right?
Have a great weekend! We're hoping to put up our Christmas tree and decor- what are your plans?



1 comment:

  1. Hi Shawn! I visited a wonderful art store this week...I felt like a kid in a toy store! Cute ornaments and I love your journal page (cute frog!) And yes, done is better than perfect in my opinion because...there is creativity to be had! Besides I like what you did! I tried my hand at some fiction in my writing today ...stop by and check it out! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete