Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A stencil and a stamp

I got ambitious yesterday and made a stamp and a stencil!
This is the stencil- I just used hole punches of different sizes. You can see the square didn't turn out too well, but I still like it. Here is a page stenciled with it:
The plastic I used was hard to punch through, so I think I need to look for some thinner- it was just some plastic I had in my studio. Next I "carved" a stamp for fun and maybe a challenge. I'm sorry I can't remember where I saw this idea, but I do remember it was on youtube.
It's made from craft foam. You draw your design on paper, then put your paper over the craft foam and trace it, pushing firmly into the foam. Then you stick it to a block of wood or another piece of thicker foam and stamp! I haven't used it on a page yet, but do have plans!
Have a terrific Tuesday!


1 comment:

  1. Cool ideas! I like the stencil, and I've heard about using craft foam for stamps but I've only used rubber that I've carved. The foam would be a lot simpler I think. I'm going to try that!

    ReplyDelete