Monday, July 18, 2011

Journal cover

On this cover I first spread glue, then put a piece of white tissue paper that had glitter in it on top and scrunched it around to create texture. I let that dry completely. Then I painted it brown thinking it would look leathery ( UGGGLY!!!) I added some ink drops- still didn't like it so I painted the whole thing in green which I love! After that dried I added some chipboard letters (K&Company) and some silk leaves I had lying around. After it was dry I put some gold glitter paint on the leaves. I really like the way it turned out.
All the pages are in the journal and I think I'll start writing in it soon. Maybe I'll show some of the pgs after there is writing. Have a great day! I'll have more to show tomorrow :)


1 comment:

  1. Love the look & feel of using tissue paper. What fun! :]
    The great thing about making art... there is no mistakes.
    Your journal cover came out fantastic. Can really see the texture, love it.

    ReplyDelete