Monday, July 11, 2011

More journal pages and some news!

This is my first attempt at carving my own stamp- so the black is the stamp and it wasn't exactly what I was planning but it came out okay. I used an eraser.
This one I did the background by rubbing a stamp pad over it lightly. Isn't the image funny?! I love it and I got that from the Graphic Fairy- I colored it in with chalks.
This background I did by painting it with watered down acrylic then using a baby wipe to make the white areas. The trees are die cuts from our local scapbook store.
NOW for the news-Geri of myheartart has started a new blog for artists- it's like a directory to find others who do different kinds of art.I'm excited to be a part of it! You can still join up too. It's artseebloggers.com
Go take a look!


2 comments:

  1. Cool journal pages! I like carving my own stamps, too. And quite often I use erasers for my stamps. I like finding those really big pink erasers (they usually say "for BIG mistakes") because then I can make larger stamps.

    I just joined that artsee bloggers site! It looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are wonderful!
    Isn't it fun carving your own stamps?!
    Very addicting I must say :]
    Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete